Re: Videos de Espania

HIRSCH Bonnie C (Bonnie.C.HIRSCH@ci.eugene.or.us)
Wed, 26 Aug 1998 16:18:00 -0700

Maybe your professors already know about this one, but my daughter's Spanish
teacher just put masking tape across the bottom of the TV screen so the
students couldn't read the subtitles. One does what one can sometimes...

Bonnie Hirsch
Eugene (Oregon) Public Library
bonnie.c.hirsch@ci.eugene.or.us
----------
From: kinoint@infohouse.com
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Re: Videos de Espania
Date: Wednesday, August 26, 1998 3:01PM

Actually what I meant Gary is that there is almost no LEGAL market for
unsubtitled videos. Virtually all of what is sold here are just bootlegs
that go through various ethnic communities. Importing from outside the US
is another story. I realize that this VERY frustrating to librarians who
get lots of requests from profs & patrons for films in various languages.
It is especially annoying since the tapes seem to be available in the local
communities, however they are just bootlegs ( and Gary they are usually of
poor quality)

Jessica

Kino International Corporation
333 W. 39th St. Suite 503