RE: Looking for media vendors

HIRSCH Bonnie C (Bonnie.C.HIRSCH@ci.eugene.or.us)
Tue, 25 Aug 1998 08:52:00 -0700

I have tried various solutions, but have not found anyone satisfactory. So I
use B&T for what they can get, and just go direct for everything else. If
someone else has had better luck, I'd love to hear about it.

Bonnie Hirsch
Eugene (Oregon) Public Library
bonnie.c.hirsch@ci.eugene.or.us
----------
From: Beth Fisher
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Looking for media vendors
Date: Monday, August 24, 1998 5:51PM

I need recommendations for media vendors. Currently we use B&T and
Ingram as our standard vendors for media, but I'm interested in setting
up a vendor arrangement with someone who can get (quickly) more unique
items.

Facets at one time was a great source - but in the last year or so they've
become less than acceptable - to the point where I wonder why I bother.
When we approached them about setting up a vendor arrangement similar to
the one with B&T they weren't interested...

So now I'm looking for suggestions. Ideally I'd like a vendor who can do
video, audio, and interactive multimedia, who will give us a discount
similar to our other vendors and who's reliable in both business
practices and service... (or am I asking way way too much?)

"Information is not information unless it is shared"

Beth Fisher, AV Librarian bfisher@wade.iowa-city.lib.ia.us
Iowa City Public Library
123 S. Linn St. phone: 319/356-5200
Iowa City, IA 52240 fax: 319/356-5494