Re: Audio/Video Repair Tools

Jim Scholtz (jscholtz@gold.sdln.net)
Thu, 20 Aug 1998 11:37:43 -0500

While magnetic scrwdrivers are nice for holding/grabing errant screws and
small springs, I would hesitate to use them as they may deteriorate the
control track on the videotape or audiotape. I was an authorized JVC
repair person and at all the schools I went to, the instructor's told us
never to use magnetized tools (especially near the audio/video heads on the
VCR/tape players. Jim Scholtz.