Re: a rotating collection

Cathleen Cummings, Media Coordinator - SRJC (ccumming@floyd.santarosa.edu)
Wed, 19 Aug 1998 14:30:10 -0700

At 01:42 PM 8/19/98 -0700, Mindy wrote:
>Hello everyone,
>The Culinary Institute has two campuses- one in Hyde Park, NY and one
>in St. Helena, Calif. I was asked recently if we could have a rotating
>collection of videos to be shipped between the two campuses. Does
>anyone do this?? If so, how successful/unsuccessful has it been. I
>have to present information tomorrow at a meeting with upper
>management- so any advise would be greatly appreciated.
>
>You can respond directly to me at m_howe@culinary.edu
>
>Thanks in advance
>Mindy

We have two campuses that can utilize the collections of either
library, but since we are in the same county, the logistics are much
easier...we have a courier that picks up a sack with deliveries, and brings
back the return sack - one round trip a day. You'd have to build in
delivery time in your scheduling or the instructors would have to know that
the collection shifts to the other campus every three months,etc.

Cathleen Cummings
Media Coordinator, Santa Rosa Junior College
1501 Mendocino Avenue
Santa Rosa, CA- USA 95401
ccumming@floyd.santarosa.edu