Videos on slavery

Larry Adelman (LA@newsreel.org)
Mon, 06 Jul 1998 17:04:35 -0700

--
Larry Adelman
California Newsreel

Re: Susan Albrecht's request for a documentary on slavery.

You might want to look into "A Son of Africa," the 30-minute BBC documentary on the life on Olaudah Equiano, author of the most influential slave narrative of the time ("The Interesting Life of Olaudah Equiano, or Gustavus Vassa the African"). It's available from us here at California Newsreel along with excerpts from Equiano's autobiography (www.newsreel.org). Or, if your faculty member can wait, PBS's "Africans in America" will finally be completed and broadcast next year.

Best wishes, Larry