Re: Shelving

Stan Diamond (sdiamond@massnetworks.org)
Thu, 25 Jun 1998 16:03:12 -0700

Although it would be initially time and resource consuming, you might want
to consider creating an on-line catalog of your video collection. As part
of this you might consider scanning the sleeves and including the image in
the database. You could then create a website for the video collection
which would allow title or key word searching and which would present the
patron with the image of the sleeve when the selected a record to view.
This website could be made accessible over the web or could be restricted
to use within the library.