Re: Language of life, etc.

Becky Tatar (bltata@aurora.lib.il.us)
Tue, 23 Jun 1998 11:31:45 -0700

At 06:36 AM 6/23/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Hello:
> I am looking for several videos for next school year.
>They are:
> Language of life (poetry series)
> Triumph of the nerds (I know this has been on before but I didn't write
>down the information)
> April Morning
> Buried in Ice
> George Washington: the man who would not be king
> Snowgoose
> Henry V and the globe theatre (a Frontline from last year)
>Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Dear Judy - I found 3 of your titles through PBS. The web site didn't
indicate if the titles came with public performance rights or not, but from
the prices listed, they probably don't.

Language of Life - 8 videos, 8 hours A1431-WWV7 - $149.95
Triumph of the Nerds - 3 videos, 2 1/2 hours - 49.95 - I also remember
someone mentioning a while back that Ambrose Video has this title with
public performance rights, but the cost is a couple hundred dollars, or so.
George Washington: The Man Who Wouldn't Be King - 1 video, 1 hour - $19.95

You might check with Baker and Taylor for these titles if you are not
concerned with public performance rights, although many videos do come with
these through B&T.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Becky Tatar
Unit Head, Periodicals/Audio-Visual