Re: 20th century French videos

Stan Nicotera (stann@sivideo.com)
Thu, 11 Jun 1998 20:51:30 -0400

At 04:30 PM 6/11/98 -0700, you wrote:
>For a twentieth century French literature class this summer that will happen
>only if there is enough enrollment (which means I need to do a last minute
rush
>order), a faculty member would like to show 2 videos based on works of
>literature set in the period between WWI and II. His first choices are
> 1. Therese Desqueyroux
> 2. Huis Clos (aka No Exit).
> I have been able to verify that these fims were indeed made, but I have not
>been able to find a distributor. He especially wants works based on
novels by
>Sartre and Camus.
>
> Other choices are
>L'Etranger (The Stranger) (Lo Straniero) (There are two based on this Camus
>novel. Any feelings about which is best--Orson Welles or Dino de
Laurentiis/Luchino Visconti?
> Does anyone know of distributors or rental sources (I've checked scads of
the
>university catalogs) for any of these?

Maria,

This may not be exactly what you're looking for but, you never know. We
have the The Stranger, 95 minutes, 1946, B/W, scheduled as a new release,
in _Open Caption_, on July 23rd, 1998. Your can read more about it by
visiting the following URL:
http://www.sivideo.com/opencap.htm#stranger

Starring: Richard Long, Edward G. Robinson, Martha Wentworth,
Loretta Young, Konstantin Shayne, Orson Welles
Director: Orson Welles - Studio: International Pictures
Crime Thriller - Award Nominations:
Best Original Screenplay, Victor Trivas, 1946 Academy
Best Picture (winner), 1946 Venice Film Festival.

I'd love to have your feedback on our Open Captioning effort. Stan

-------
Stan Nicotera, President
S.I. Video Sales Group
1531 Placida Road, #3202,
PO Box 968, Englewoood, FL 34295-0968
Phone: 941-473-2601 Fax: 941-473-2701
E-mail: mailto:stann@sivideo.com
Internet: http://www.sivideo.com

"With all thy getting, get understanding."
Malcolm Forbes