Re: 20th century French videos

Stan Nicotera (
Thu, 11 Jun 1998 20:51:30 -0400

At 04:30 PM 6/11/98 -0700, you wrote:
>For a twentieth century French literature class this summer that will happen
>only if there is enough enrollment (which means I need to do a last minute
>order), a faculty member would like to show 2 videos based on works of
>literature set in the period between WWI and II. His first choices are
> 1. Therese Desqueyroux
> 2. Huis Clos (aka No Exit).
> I have been able to verify that these fims were indeed made, but I have not
>been able to find a distributor. He especially wants works based on
novels by
>Sartre and Camus.
> Other choices are
>L'Etranger (The Stranger) (Lo Straniero) (There are two based on this Camus
>novel. Any feelings about which is best--Orson Welles or Dino de
Laurentiis/Luchino Visconti?
> Does anyone know of distributors or rental sources (I've checked scads of
>university catalogs) for any of these?

This may not be exactly what you're looking for but, you never know. We
have the The Stranger, 95 minutes, 1946, B/W, scheduled as a new release,
in _Open Caption_, on July 23rd, 1998. Your can read more about it by
visiting the following URL:

Starring: Richard Long, Edward G. Robinson, Martha Wentworth,
Loretta Young, Konstantin Shayne, Orson Welles
Director: Orson Welles - Studio: International Pictures
Crime Thriller - Award Nominations:
Best Original Screenplay, Victor Trivas, 1946 Academy
Best Picture (winner), 1946 Venice Film Festival.

I'd love to have your feedback on our Open Captioning effort. Stan

Stan Nicotera, President
S.I. Video Sales Group
1531 Placida Road, #3202,
PO Box 968, Englewoood, FL 34295-0968
Phone: 941-473-2601 Fax: 941-473-2701

"With all thy getting, get understanding."
Malcolm Forbes