Re: essential publications

Pierre J. Gregoire (pgregoire@dupage.k12.il.us)
Wed, 20 May 1998 15:05:57 -0500

--------------57728A7C2DD2E16432EAD4FE

Oksana,
Great request! We are a regional media library supporting 320 K-12 schools and
admin. bldgs. in DuPage County, Illinois. My choice of "publications" for
selection:

NICEM - http://www.nicem.com We utilize this extensive database virtually
every day in response to teacher requests for videographies as well as an
authoritative source for cataloging. The subscription fee has been well worth
it.

School Library Journal - Obviously in K-12, one of the chief resources for new
material.

On Line Off Line - A superbly written bimonthly thematic compilation of video,
software and internet resources. Each issue focuses on one elementary - high
school curricular topic. Great for retrospective purchasing.

Pierre Gregoire, Director
Audio Visual Institute of DuPage
Lombard, IL 60148
630-495-2843