Re: Re: Re: NEW RELEASES

Wed, 13 May 1998 12:27:31 -0700 (PDT)

OK OK...my patience (never one of my strong suits to begin with) has
officially worn out. Although I am loath to invoke my autocratic
privilege as list owner, I feel I must at this point.

The videonews and videolib lists are lists established to build a
community of film and video librarians, producers, and distributors.
So far, these lists have (in my estimation) been tremendously productive
and on the mark. Although discussion and debate can be a vital part of
these lists, the recent correspondence (from the Planet Mungo, apparently)
concerning SGLs (whatever the hell those are) are too far off the mark to
tolerate any longer.

I encourage anyone who wants to continue this particular conversation to
take it outside. And since democracy has its limits, I'll zap anyone from
the list who continues to bother us all with this counterproductive
blather...let's get on with business.

Yes?

UC Berkeley, CA 94720-6000