Re: CD copyright question (fwd)

Jim Scholtz (jscholtz@sdln.net)
Mon, 11 May 1998 19:46:51 -0600 (MDT)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 19:43:41 -0600 (MDT)
From: Jim Scholtz <jscholtz@sdln.net>
To: Helen Dagley <hdagley@mail.lib.state.ia.us>
Cc: JScholtz@info.sdln.sdbor.edu
Subject: Re: CD copyright question

Hi Helen, More or less, your children's consultant is correct. You can
get a public performance license through ASCAP or BMI (depending upon
which music/composers/performers you choose (this applies to live
performed music, one concert or many or recorded music - look on the
record label to determine affiliation). When vinyl was king, there were
all sorts of PP sound effects, generic music, etc, but there doesn-t seem
to be as much available on CD-ROM or tape. I'm going to forward my answer
as well as your original request to the video/AV listserv - maybe someone
will have a better answer. Hope this helps. Jim Scholtz. Listserv
people, please forward your answer directly to Helen Dagley. Thanks a
bunch. hdagley@mail.lib.state.ia.us