Update on Cinemania

Fri, 8 May 1998 13:03:40 -0500 (EST)

For those of you who have the _Cinemania_ CD-ROM or use the Web site, I
thought you might be interested in this posting. I received it today.

Kristine Brancolini
Indiana University Libraries
brancoli@indiana.edu

++++++++++++ THE FUTURE OF CINEMANIA ++++++++++++++

Fading to black . . . Here's what's happening with the CD-ROM and the web
site (Microsoft's official statement follows the FAQ's):

WILL THERE BE A 98 VERSION OF THE CD-ROM?

No. The CD-ROM has been discontinued.

WHERE CAN I BUY THE 97 VERSION?

There may still be some available. You'd have to check with your local
retailers.=20

WILL THERE BE ANY MORE UPDATES FOR THE 96 AND 97 VERSIONS?

No. As the product's packaging indicated, owners of the 97 CD-ROM were
entitled to a year's worth of updates the CD was released in September of
1996, the first update was posted during that month. Monthly updates
followed through August of last year and have since been discontinued.=20

WHAT'S HAPPENING WITH THE WEB SITE?

As of June 1st, 1998, content on the site will be scaled back significantly=
=2E
However, the existing content, including the archives and CD-ROM Updates
will remain available until December 31st, 1998. After the first of June,
we recommend visiting http://www.sidewalk.com for the latest entertainment
news and reviews.

Everyone on the Cinemania team is extremely proud of what we've accomplishe=
over the last few years and we offer our most sincere thanks for your
support.

It's been a "reel" pleasure!

--The Staff of Cinemania