Wanted: Full Time Movie Data Expert (fwd)

Fri, 8 May 1998 10:17:46 -0700 (PDT)

Zowie! Big Rapids Michigan calls....

UC Berkeley, CA 94720-6000

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 11:54:19 -0400
From: Michael Erlewine <michael@thenewage.com>
To: ghandman@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: Wanted: Full Time Movie Data Expert

Wanted: Full Time Movie Data Expert

The All-Movie Guide is a large relational database of movie information,
available in book form, on CD-ROM, and online via commercial online services
and internet retailers. The All-Movie Guide web site is located at
AllMovie.com.

We are looking for a FULL-TIME MOVIE EXPERT (with very strong computer
experience) to relocate and work onsite here in Big Rapids, Michigan at AMG,
the All-Movie Guide. This position will head up our department and involves
supervising others. The job pays well and includes a complete benefit
package, including health, dental, 401K, etc.

FULL-TIME ONSITE POSITION (RELOCATION)

If you have the necessary experience and are willing to RELOCATE, please
send email to Michael Erlewine (executive editor AMG) at
Michael@AllMovie.com

Video Senior Editor (on-site)

The duties of the AMG Video Senior Editor include the overall management and
maintenance of the video database. It's a full time on-site job at our Big
Rapids office. We produce databases for online areas, books and CD-ROMS. We
need a bright, hard-working person to be a member of our
editorial/programming team.

This position involves the supervision and coordination of on-site staff and
writers and reviewers who work off-site. In addition to the written content
of the position, it also involves hands-on database work of a very detailed
nature - cleaning, linking, updating. An appreciation and respect for the
honing and archiving of data, combined with a vital appreciation of the film
and video industry is a must.

Required skills:

Extensive knowledge of film, film personalities and the film industry
Excellent writing and editing skills
Project management experience
Data collection/manipulation skills
Good communication skills

Also a plus...

Experience working with a large relational database
Experience in reading/writing database script
Experience with FoxPro
Programming experience

ALSO: OFF-SITE FREE-LANCE WRITING POSITIONS

We also are looking for many off-site free-lance writers to work with AMG.
We need writers of synopses, articles, essays, movie maps, reviews, etc. You
can work offsite for these jobs. If interested, send a note with your areas
of expertise to Forest Ray at Forest@AllMovie.com

For a look at what we do, check our web site at http://www.allmovie.com, and
then contact Forest at (616) 796-6398 for more information. (EOE)