Re: Theatrical films in public libraries

M. Dew (mdew@mail.smu.edu)
Tue, 21 Apr 1998 16:09:52 CDT

I guess being a private institution, we are fortunate not to have to deal
with non-SMU I.D. card holders using our video library. I would hate to
have to police young video watchers a la Blockbuster, Inc. Sad, but
true: there are many who ARE legally of age (some who are probably on the
faculty...) who probably aren't intellectually mature enough to
get much out of our uncut version of Cronenberg's Crash, or
Schlondorff's Tin Drum.

-Margaret Dew
Center for Media and Instructional Tech
Southern Methodist University