RE: video collection classification systems

Shaw, Susan Libr (ShawS@mg.sdstate.edu)
Tue, 21 Apr 1998 13:57 -0600

We do at South Dakota State University.

Susan Shaw
shaws@mg.sdstate.edu
----------
From: Rhonda Rosen
To: ShawS; Multiple recipients of list
Subject: video collection classification systems
Date: Tuesday, April 21, 1998 11:19AM

hi all,

our video collection is classified and arranged by LC call numbers. Our
cataloging
dept. has been overwhelmed lately with the volume of videos purchased, and
is
hoping to outsource the cataloging of videos. They have found that the LC
system
is more expensive, and have made an assumption that nobody arranges media
collections in LC - only by accession numbers. I do not want to go to this
type
of system -- can you guys let me know if there really are collections out
there that
do indeed use LC?

thanks,
rhonda

Rhonda Rosen
Loyola Marymount University phone: (310)338-4584
7900 Loyola Blvd. email: rrosen@popmail.lmu.edu
Los Angeles, CA 90045-8206 web page: http:www.lmu.edu/admin/
personal/staff/rrosen/rhonda.htm

------------------------- Original message header: