Re: video collection classification systems

Cathleen Cummings, Media Coordinator - SRJC (ccumming@floyd.santarosa.edu)
Tue, 21 Apr 1998 12:04:31 -0700

We're another one whose uses assension numbers, cataloging is not
done by librarians but by media services.

At 11:19 AM 4/21/98 -0700, you wrote:
>hi all,
>
>our video collection is classified and arranged by LC call numbers. Our
>cataloging
>dept. has been overwhelmed lately with the volume of videos purchased, and is
>hoping to outsource the cataloging of videos. They have found that the LC
>system
>is more expensive, and have made an assumption that nobody arranges media
>collections in LC - only by accession numbers. I do not want to go to this
>type
>of system -- can you guys let me know if there really are collections out
>there that
>do indeed use LC?
>
>thanks,
>rhonda
>

>Rhonda Rosen
>Loyola Marymount University phone: (310)338-4584
>7900 Loyola Blvd. email: rrosen@popmail.lmu.edu
>Los Angeles, CA 90045-8206 web page: http:www.lmu.edu/admin/
> personal/staff/rrosen/rhonda.htm

Cathleen Cummings
Media Coordinator, Santa Rosa Junior College
1501 Mendocino Avenue
Santa Rosa, CA- USA 95401
ccumming@floyd.santarosa.edu