Re: Films Incorporated

Maria Koehmstedt (Maria_Koehmstedt@clatsop.cc.or.us)
Thu, 09 Apr 1998 18:12:05 GMT

videolib@library.berkeley.edu,Internet writes:
>I know Films Inc. went out of the 16mm rental business
>(and mostly taken over by Kit Parker?) but what happened to their video
>public performance rights business? They used to "sell" the rights for over
>30 major distributors.

Dave,

I recently called the Home Vision division of Films. Inc./Public Media about
purchase with public performance rights of a specific art title. They still
sell videos with public performance licenses. It took several phone calls to
get lists of what they have in the fields I'm looking for at the moment, but I
finally got them. 1-800-826-3456. I dealt with Barbara Warner Ludowitz (I'm
not positive about the spelling) at extension 313.

Hope this helps.

Maria

Maria Koehmstedt
Reference and AV Librarian