Re: TAPE CLEANERS

Thu, 9 Apr 1998 09:33:11 -0500 (EST)

We have an RTI tape cleaner (TapeChek 490), one of the expensive ones that
cleans and inspects. We bought it six or seven years ago with preservation
money. Soon after we bought it I heard that RTI has a much less expensive
model that cleans only. This machine was being marketed to video rental
stores, so I'm sure it's durable. We're happy with our RTI. It has
worked for years without even one service call. But I wouldn't buy the
inspection feature again.

Kristine Brancolini
Indiana University Libraries