Re: DVD player

Henry K Mattoon (
Mon, 6 Apr 1998 18:56:20 -0700 (PDT)

Three of the _best_ articles I've seen on DVD recently are in PREMIERE
(Nov. 1997; v.2, #3). "Discovering DVD: It's That Time Again," by G;enn
Kenny (pp. 59-60); "The Big Squeeze: Why DVD Pictures Look the Way they
Do," by Ron Goldberg (pp. 64, 66); and someheat related to your
query, related, "Bring in the Noise. DVD Provides Pristine Digital Audio
-- The Kind You'll Have Your Stereo System to Actually Hear," by Stewart
Wolpin (p. 70).

Both Goldberg & Wolpin write for the website E/Town <>
where there _may_ be more info.

Sorry, but these articles don't really discuss specific mfrs/vendors, but
together they're among the best, most accurate readings on DVD in the
popular press.

Henry K. Mattoon
National Moving Image Database
The American Film Institute