RE:music CD's

Kathy Olsen (KOLSEN@mail.bcl.lib.fl.us)
Mon, 23 Mar 1998 07:57:55 -0400

> Date sent: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 13:18:46 -0800
> Send reply to: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
> From: Becky Tatar <bltata@aurora.lib.il.us>
> To: Multiple recipients of list <videolib@library.berkeley.edu>
> Subject: RE:music CD's

> At 09:26 AM 3/17/98 -0800, you wrote:
> >Does anyone know a good vendor for purchasing music CD's? We need to add
> >classical music CD's to replace old records. Does anyone else still have
> >old LP's lurking in their collections?
> >
> >Thanks,
> >
> >Gerie Ventura
> >Media Services
> >Highline Community College
> >Des Moines, Washington
> >gventura@hcc.ctc.edu
> >

> We have used AEC One Stop Group, or formerly known as CD One Stop, at CD One
> STop, 13 Francis J. Clarke Circle,
> Bethel, CT 06801, Phone 1-800-8889, FAX 203-798-8852. They do a good job
> for us, and we order some pretty obscure stuff. They also have a monthly
> catalog they send out. We are also starting to use Baker and Taylor again,
> but it isn't as easy searching for classical music on the BTlink as it is
> for non classical. Hope
> this helps.
>
> -----------------------------------
> Becky Tatar
> Unit Head, Periodicals/Audio-Visual
> Aurora Public Library
> 1 E. Benton Street
> Aurora, IL 60505
> Phone: 630/264-4100, x4116
> FAX: 630/896-3209
> e-mail: bltata@aurora.lib.il.us
> Opinions are my own.

We use BT Link, and if you put the record label number in the author
field, you'll find it much easier to locate music. This is
especially true of classical, which can be listed many different ways
in Baker & Taylor's database, making searching difficult.

Kathy Olsen
Broward County Library
Fort Lauderdale, FL
954-357-7517