Re: Women Murderers in Film

Oksana Dykyj (oksana@vax2.concordia.ca)
Fri, 13 Mar 1998 17:20:08 +0000 (HELP)

Kristine Brancolini wrote:
>A doctoral student here is doing a project on women murderers in American
>film. I have checked a variety of books of film lists and _Film Index
>International_, but I can't find anywhere close to a list -- just a
>smattering of individual titles. Do any of you know of such a listing
>somewhere? Or could you send me titles of films with women murderers?
>Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kristine,

The two first films that come to my mind are actually British and they deal
with the same subject matter, the last woman to be executed in England for
murder. The first title is BLONDE SINNER aka YIELD TO THE NIGHT (1956)
directed by J. Lee Thompson and starring Diana Dors and the second is DANCE
WITH A STRANGER (1985) directed by Mike Newell and starring Miranda
Richardson as Ruth Ellis.

I'll try to think of others over the weekend.

Oksana
=========
Oksana Dykyj
Head, Visual Media Resources
Instructional & Information Technology Service H-342
Concordia University
1455 de Maisonneuve West Tel: 514-848-3443
Montreal, QC, H3G 1M8 Fax: 514-848-3441
CANADA Email:oksana@vax2.concordia.ca
---------