Re: Composer videos

King of the Echo People (erobinso@suffolk.lib.ny.us)
Fri, 13 Mar 1998 13:22:18 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 13 Mar 1998, Pat Means wrote:

> I have a professor wanting to located feature films based on the lives of
> classical composers, Franz Liszt, Franz Schubert, Richard Wagner, Schmann.
> Two examples of the type of films I am looking for are AMADUS and IMMORTAL
> BELOVED. Any help will be GREATLY appreciated. I really don't know where to
> start looking.
>
> Thank you.
>

> Pat Means ^^

If you're willing to experiment you might try the Ken Russell films about
Mahler, Tchaikovsky, Liszt, and others. These are extremely fantastical
and I recommend viewing then before purchasing. "Listomania" is
especially bizarre but it contains a lot a insight and symbolism and
portrays Wagner hilariously if one can avoid being offended.

-Erik Robinson