Re: needing suggestions on middle east videos

Bullfrog Films (bullfrog@igc.apc.org)
Thu, 12 Mar 1998 09:29:19 -0800 (PST)

Rhonda:
>From the series TURNING SIXTEEN, part 4, "The Story of Eman" features a
young woman in Cairo who hopes to attend university despite cultural
traditions, and investigates questions of rights and freedoms open to women.

Two others are from the DEVELOPING STORIES Series: "Suspended Dreams" --a
courageous documentary from Lebanon about the effects of 16 years of civil
war, from the perspective of four Beirut citizens. And "The Tale of the
Three Lost Jewels" is a film by Michel Khleifi, shot in the final turbulent
days of the Israeli occupation of the Gaza Strip--a love story between two
adolescents in a time of war and danger.

Let me know if you would like to preview these titles.
Elizabeth Stanley

At 11:39 AM 3/5/98 -0800, you wrote:
>hi you guys --
>
>well, even though nobody came up with my recent query on the video,
>"Terrorism and Morality" or the company, World Affairs from Montreal.....
>i'll try a new search...
>
>i have a professor looking for videos on women in the middle east, but
>not on cultural or political issues - she wants stuff on education or
>the labor/work force. Any ideas?
>
>thanks,
>Rhonda
>

>Rhonda Rosen
>Loyola Marymount University phone: (310)338-4584
>7900 Loyola Blvd. email: rrosen@popmail.lmu.edu
>Los Angeles, CA 90045-8206 web page: http:www.lmu.edu/admin/
> personal/staff/rrosen/rhonda.htm

Bullfrog Films, Inc.