RE: Circulating Media

Lloyd, Diane (DianeL@sfcc.spokane.cc.wa.us)
Fri, 6 Mar 1998 09:04:51 -0800

We are just beginning to institute a similar policy, except we pull
films needed by faculty as early in the quarter as they give us a list.
So far we are mostly circulating feature films, but we are moving other
titles to circulation also. "Library use only" videos are those that
are expensive, out of print, heavily used, or "essential" to someone's
curriculum and likely to be difficult to replace. We are moving slowly
implementing circulation of videos, but so far it is working well. We
have had no lost or damaged videos and no problems getting them to
faculty.
My biggest concern is that I want to keep "non-fiction" videos
integrated on the shelves with books on the same topic, but don't want
to make life too difficult for the film office which must retrieve them
for faculty use.

Diane Lloyd
Librarian, Spokane Falls Community College Library
e-mail: DianeL@sfcc.spokane.cc.wa.us

Spokane Falls Community College Library
3410 W. Ft. George Wright Dr.MS 3020
Spokane WA 99224-5288