Re: Goddess Remembered

Oksana Dykyj (oksana@vax2.concordia.ca)
Mon, 02 Mar 1998 15:28:56 +0000 (HELP)

James Smith wrote:
>Is anyone familiar with "Goddess Remembered", produced The the Film
>Board of Canada. I'm considering a repurchase but the price is high
>and I would like some feedback on the quality of the video.

This video is constantly used by our Women's Studies and Religion
departments. Our synopsis follows:

This documentary about the roots of contemporary women's spirituality is a
salute to the earliest ancestors of Western civilizations and the
goddess-worshipping religions they fostered. Shot on location in Greece,
Malta, Britain and France, the film features scholars and representatives of
the emerging spiritual/ecofeminist movement, who link the loss of
goddess-centered societies with contemporary environmental crises.

The companion video is THE BURNING TIMES about witch hunts.

It's as expensive for U.S. institutions to purchase NFB titles as it is for
Canadians to purchase PBS titles.

=========
Oksana Dykyj
Head, Visual Media Resources
Instructional & Information Technology Service H-342
Concordia University
1455 de Maisonneuve West Tel: 514-848-3443
Montreal, QC, H3G 1M8 Fax: 514-848-3441
CANADA Email:oksana@vax2.concordia.ca
---------