Re: Nenette et Boni & Guantanamera

Becky Tatar (bltata@aurora.lib.il.us)
Tue, 17 Feb 1998 08:03:59 -0800

At 07:48 AM 2/10/98 -0800, you wrote:

>Also, how do libraries with CDs hadle multi-CD sets. Do you barcode each CD or
>just one barcode on the entire set?

At our library, we only barcode the box the cds come in. There is a collate
note on the cover of the box to count the cds, booklets, etc., that came
with the package. On each cd, we have one of the circle stickers around the
center with an APL stamp, and the barcode written on it. Each item in the
package has the barcode written on it. I know other libraries do it
differently, but this is what works for us. Also, due to our library's
configuration, when each item goes out or is checked in, each item in the
package; each cd, booklet, etc, is collated, and the cds are checked for
scratches. Patrons must wait while this is done both at check in and check
out.

Becky Tatar
Unit Head, Periodicals/Audio-Visual
Aurora Public Library