Re: Audio cassette check-out policy

Judy Jones (JONESJM@libraryserver.lib.csus.edu)
Fri, 13 Feb 1998 08:30:09 PST8PDT

We allow 6 cassettes for one week checkout. If the title has
multiple parts, that is included in the cassette total. In other
words, not 6 titles, but 6 cassettes. Ditto CDs. Audio cassettes
are the least of our worries. Few disappear and they are cheap to
replace. We charge replacement cost plus $10 overdue fee for the
insult. If the item doesn't come back within a week of due date, we
begin to call patron. This brings back majority of cassettes. After
2 weeks a hold is put on patron's record. The patron cannot check
out anything else until hold is cleared. They cannot register for
following semester or obtain transcripts until hold is cleared.

Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 07:48:03 -0800
From: Gail Fedak 898-2740 <GFEDAK@a1.mtsu.edu>
To: Multiple recipients of list <videolib@library.berkeley.edu>
Subject: Audio cassette check-out policy

Hello videolibbers,

I am drafting guidelines to permit students to check out our audio cassettes,
specifically books on cassette, and would appreciate those of you who provide
this service to your students sending me your check out policy on this activity
- length of loan period, amount of per diem fine for overdues, maximum fine, how
you handle lost materials, etc. Currently we do not check out any audio visual
materials to students to leave our area, but wish to extend them this service
for audio materials. You may send your responses directly to me at the address
below if you prefer. Many thanks in advance for your help.

Gail B. Fedak, Coordinator
Instructional Media Resources
Middle Tennessee State University
Murfreesboro, TN 37132