Re: Looking for Rodney King video

Tue, 10 Feb 1998 12:08:01 -0500 (EST)

Sue: I'm a little confused by the wording of your request. Rodney King
wasn't beaten during the riots. The acquittal of the officers accused of
beating him led to the riots. However, if you want the footage of King
being beaten, it's available on _The "Rodney King" case: What the jury
saw in CA v. Powell_. It's available from MPI Home Video, 1992. It's 116
min. Our summary describes it as follows:

"Condensed version of the trial of four Los Angeles police officers on
trial for using excessive force in the arrest of Rodney King. Includes
the 81 second amateur videotape which recorded the events that occurred
during the evening of March 3, 1991."

Kristine Brancolini
Indiana University Libraries