Re: Video search "Afriques...."

milos (milos@interaccess.com)
Tue, 03 Feb 1998 07:28:45 -0800

Marilyn Huntley wrote:

> Here's another video that I can't locate. The title is "Afriques: Comment
> ca va avec la douleur." Information from the Internet Movie Database:
>
> France, 1996, documentary, 165 minutes
> Produced by Canal+ Productions/Palmeraie et Desert
> Director: Raymond Depardon
>
> Does anyone know if this video is available in the U.S.?
> Marilyn B. Huntley, Audiovisual Assistant
> Audiovisual Classroom Services, 408 C. A. Johnson Hall
> Hamilton College, Clinton, NY 13323
> Phone 315-859-4120
> Fax 315-859-4687
> e-mail mhuntley@hamilton.edu

Marilyn -

This is, I believe, the most recent documentary on Africa by
Raymond Depardon which was shown at some European film festivals
last summer. No U.S. distributor, and no U.S. screenings that I'm
aware of. The only U.S. company which used too distribute some of
Depardon's older work was Interama in NY; you could check with them
if they have any plans to acquire it.

Milos Stehlik