Re: Animal Sacrifice

Thu, 22 Jan 1998 11:57:41 -0800 (PST)

Moving Mountains: The Story of the Yiu Mien.
Focuses on the Yiu Mien people of Laos and the problems they face
adjusting to life in the United States after the Vietnam War. 58 min.
Filmakers Library

If memory serves, the above has a chicken sacrifice segment.

Also:

Yo Soy Hechicero (I Am a Sorcerer)
It's all in a day's work for Juan Eduardo Nunuz,
a Cuban refugee who leads a religious congregation in a backyard
garden shed in a subdivision near Atlantic City, New Jersey. This
neopagan religious cult deals in spirit
possession, animal sacrifice, mythic storytelling and physical healing.
Juan Eduardo's wife, a Pentecostal, claims that her husband is an
instrument of Satan. 48 min.
Check out http://www.hechicero.com/ for acquisition info.

Cheers (sort of)...

UC Berkeley, CA 94720-6000