Re: query: The Machine that changed the world

Judy Jones (JONESJM@libraryserver.lib.csus.edu)
Thu, 15 Jan 1998 10:10:14 PST8PDT

Somehow 3 parts of our Machine That Changed the World are among the
missing. I have been trying for 3 months to find a distributor but
to no avail. WGBH disavows all knowledge of current distributor and
FFHS no longer distributes. When this happens it is quite often the
case that either the BBC or CBC are involved. If anyone finds a
current distributor, please post on the list. Thanks.

Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 15:10:15 -0800
From: Chris Lewis <clewis@american.edu>
To: Multiple recipients of list <videolib@library.berkeley.edu>
Subject: query: The Machine that changed the world

The Machine that changed the world is now out of print but the Computer
Science department at AU is desparate to get their own copies of the
first three parts. Do you know of any jobbers who might still have some
copies sitting around? Or can you think of any alternatives for the CS
department to get copies? We have a set in the AU Library and the CS
department has expressed willingness to pay for the right to copy our
set if WGBH was willing to consider that.

Hope alls well.

Chris Lewis
American U