Re: Basic Basketball

Jim Scholtz (jscholtz@sdln.net)
Mon, 29 Dec 1997 16:15:55 -0700 (MST)

Hi Jim, Say just as a side note (you've probably already thought of this),
both videos that I suggested in a previous e-mail discuss
college/international rules. I don't know of any video illustrating NBA
rules (there are rules u'know!); however, I think that your patron should
contact the NBA, 654 5th Ave., 10th Fl., NY, NY 10022 (212) 826-7000 to
see if they offer a video like NFL Films offers. The rules seem to change
dramaticly every year - for example, lasat year players could call a time
out while in the air without really having "control of the ball. " This
year, that rule has been changed and a player has to have a least one foot
in bounds and control of the ball to call a time out. Also, no zone
defenses. Just a suggestion. Jim Scholtz.