Re: Basic Basketball

Jim Scholtz (jscholtz@sdln.net)
Mon, 29 Dec 1997 16:02:17 -0700 (MST)

Hi Jim, I have a couple of titles that may interest you. A Knight of
Basketball is an older title dist. by KVC Home Video (formerly Kartes),
featuring college coach, Bobby Knight showing how college ball is played
(1987). It is pretty good, although the visual resolution could be
better. A newer title, showing college and international rules by Arizona
State University coach (I can't think of his name) and featuring
play-action, slow-motion and freeze frame is Game Smart: How to Watch
Basketball by 3 point Productions (fax 520-577-1088; ph 577-6599). KVC
Video, 12801 Schabarum Ave., P.O. Box 7878, Irwindale, CA 91706, (800)
582-2000; (818) 338-7878 - you should be able to get all titles from a
jobber like B&T, Ingram or Professional Media Services. There are some
mediocre titles for teaching the basics of basketball fundamentals also
and if you want I'll provide info. on an e-mail request. Both titles have
had favorable reviews in Booklist (by me). Hope this helps. Jim Scholtz.