Re: Autobiographical Films -- AIDS

Nell Chenault (nchenaul@saturn.vcu.edu)
Mon, 15 Dec 1997 14:59:43 -0500

Kris, I really enjoyed "Drop Dead Gorgeous (a tragi comedy): The power of
HIV-Positive Thinking." This is stand-up comedian Steve Moore's (A VCU
alumni) HBO Comedy Special which aired this June. I don't know if it is
available on video yet. It is his comedy monologue interspersed with film
interviews and still shots. Very create documentary collage with engaging
story.

At 07:45 AM 12/15/97 -0800, you wrote:
>A doctoral student here is writing a dissertation on autobiographical
>films. She recently emailed me for some suggestions for the section on
>AIDS. I thought I would work on it and forward it to the list at the same
>time. I've include a portion of her message below so you know what she's
>found already. Any suggestions?
>
>"I am now working on an AIDS chapter. I have seen Jarman's Blue, Riggs's
>documentaries, and Gregg Bordowitz's Fast Trip, Long Drop. Do you know of
>any other outstanding examples of autobiographical AIDS narratives?"
>
>Thanks!
>
>Kristine Brancolini
>Indiana University Libraries
>brancoli@indiana.edu

*****
Nell J. Chenault voice: (804) 828-1088
Cabell Media Resource Services FAX: (804) 828-7473
Box 842033, University Library Services
Virginia Commonwealth University
Richmond, VA 23284-2033