Christmas tree TV show question -Forwarded (fwd)

Harold David Rennie (aa349@chebucto.ns.ca)
Tue, 2 Dec 1997 10:15:06 -0400 (AST)

Cross-posting to videolib, H-Film and H-NILAS. Please forgive any
duplication.
This query came from another mailing list, but Mr. Johnsen has not
received any replies so far. With his permission, I am casting
the net a little more widely. If any of you know the answer, feel free
to email me or David J. Johnsen directly.
Thank you.
Harold Rennie
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
aa349@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 1997 21:47:30 -0400
From: "David J. Johnsen" <davej@teleport.com>
Subject: Christmas special.

This is an odd one. I am trying to find the name of a christmas special
we saw once or at most twice in the mid to late seventies. The most
telling thing about it was that it was about a christmas tree, who I
believe was small, and there was a song in it that included the refrain,
"But I'ld rather have the minuet, for the clarinet, because it's a
prettier toon."

If you can remember this one, please let me know.

Thanks,

DaveJ

PS. No, I do not want to be reminded about those of you who were not
yet old enough in the mid seventies to have actual memories. :)