Re: African Burial Ground (documentary)

Lisbeth S. Goldberg (
Mon, 1 Dec 1997 09:58:33 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 1 Dec 1997, Rick Provine wrote:

> Does this sound familiar to anyone?
> >a documentary on the African Burial Ground in New York City.
> That is all the information I was sounds familiar, but I have
> no clue...

The African Burial Ground: An American Discovery is a 4 part television
series produced for the U.S. General Services Admin. in 1994. You can
order it
from Kutz Television Inc. 418 Third St., Brooklyn NY 11215-2802.
Telephone:718-499-1987 The series is available on 1 video, for
approximately $75. (I learned about it at an African American History
month program at the Smithsonian, where Howard University anthropologist,
Michael Blakey spoke about the research he coordinates regarding this
project; very informative, an exceptional video.) Lisbeth

> Rick E. Provine, Media Librarian and
> Coordinator for the Library Electronic Centers
> Clemons Library||University of Virginia
> VOICE 804.924.8814
> FAX 804.924.7468

Lisbeth S. Goldberg
Audiovisual Librarian at Arlington County Library, VA