RE: Juv. book into movie/video?

LIZ (LizS@libraryvideo.com)
Thu, 20 Nov 1997 09:20:50 -0500

I hope you don't mind hearing back from a vendor! We carry "Sign of the
Beaver", and sell it for $29.95. The video stars Keith Carradine and
Annette O'Toole and runs 100 min's. By the way, it is one of our
best-selling titles!
Library Video Company 800 843-3620

Liz Shemeley
Key Accounts Manager
Library Video Company
Wynnewood, PA
800 843-3620
liz@libraryvideo.com

-----Original Message-----
From: L. M. Lockley [SMTP:llockley@mail.win.org]
Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 1997 6:01 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Juv. book into movie/video?

A fellow staff member has asked me to see if anyone out there
can answer
these questions: Has the juvenile book "Sign of the Beaver" by
Elizabeth
George Speare (c1983), ever been made into a movie? And, if so,
is the
movie available on video and from whom?

The story is historical fiction about a boy befriended by
Indians. It is
not listed in either edition of "Filmed Books and Plays" and we
have not
been able to find any references in Bowker by the name of the
book.
Possibly the movie title was different(?) Could this have been
an 'ABC
Afterschool Special'? Any help would be appreciated; thanks in
advance.

Lucy M. Lockley Phone: 314/441-7577
Ext. 1596
St. Charles City-County Library Dist. Fax:
McClay Branch
2760 McClay Road E-mail:
llockley@mail.win.org
St. Charles, MO 63303