Re: Filming in winter weather

Stan Gilliam (stan@pals.guilford.edu)
Fri, 14 Nov 1997 07:58:14 -0800

Anecdotal reply:

Things become brittle when they are cold. Metal, plastic, tape.

Batteries go dead quicker when cold.

Moisture condenses or freezes on things, such as lenses and viewfinders,
eyeglasses, eyeballs, mustaches, ears, noses.

Video cameras have a moisture sensor that shuts them down at a certain
point.

Lenses can become almost impossible to focus and zoom in sub-freezing
weather.

Good luck.