Re: Silent movie question (fwd)

Henry K Mattoon (
Thu, 13 Nov 1997 17:34:50 -0800 (PST)

Best I can suggest is to post a query at AMC's website, though it may
take a bit of time for a reply. I've checked our databases for keywords
mentioned like "fuzz*," "beard*," "fiend*" "skate*" but nothing looks
promising (at least in the _only_ AFI volume that does cover short
films, according to the accepted definition of a short film --
1893-1910). I also checked several other books on the silent era that
have varying degrees of reliable subject access.

AMC's website is at

They also promise, in time, to answer all queries to the best of their

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Henry K. Mattoon
National Moving Image Database
The American Film Institute