Re: Silent movie question (fwd)

Henry K Mattoon (hkm@crl.com)
Thu, 13 Nov 1997 17:34:50 -0800 (PST)

Best I can suggest is to post a query at AMC's website, though it may
take a bit of time for a reply. I've checked our databases for keywords
mentioned like "fuzz*," "beard*," "fiend*" "skate*" but nothing looks
promising (at least in the _only_ AFI volume that does cover short
films, according to the accepted definition of a short film --
1893-1910). I also checked several other books on the silent era that
have varying degrees of reliable subject access.

AMC's website is at www.amctv.com/mailroom/index.html

They also promise, in time, to answer all queries to the best of their
ability.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Best,

Henry K. Mattoon