Subject: Arabic videos
From: videolib@library.berkeley.edu at BITNET/INTERNET
Date: 11/5/97 1:53 PM

>Hi!

I have had several patron requests for foreign videos in Arabic. (No
particular titles). We have a small foreign language video collection with
Italian, French, German videos. I would like to purchase 3 or 4 movies in
Arabic language, with English subtitle.

I am not familiar with titles of any that might have appeal in their own
right. I have found mention of the following:

Palace Walk (adaptation of the novel by Mahfuz); YOL (from 1982) won Palme
d'Or at the Cannes Film Festival; The Victor--Salah al-Din (by Yusuf
Shahin) ; Wedding in Galilee; Islam in America .

I would deeply appreciate any comments or suggestions --either resources or
titles.

Thanks!

Judith Falzon
jfalzon@gomail.sjcpl.lib.in.us
Head of Audio Visual Services
St. Joseph County Public Library Voice: (219) 282-4608
304 S. Main St.
South Bend, IN 46601-2230