Re: It has surely been done before

Fri, 31 Oct 1997 08:45:02 -0500 (EST)

Philip: Someone in the library school here compiled this list --
exhaustively -- several years ago. However, I don't know where I can find
a copy. I posted a query to their listserv hoping to find out. In the
meantime, there is a short list in _The Movie List Book_, edited by
Richard B. Armstrong and Mary Willems Armstrong (Cincinnati: Betterway
Books, 1994). One of the categories is "Librarians." Handy. Here's
their list:

Scandal Street (1938) Only Two Can Play (1962)
Adventure (1945) The Seven Faces of Dr. Lao (1964)
Good News (1947) Goodbye, Columbus (1969)
Katie Did It (1951) Mr. Sycamore (1974)
Storm Center (1956) Something Wicked This Way Comes (1983)
Desk Set (1957) Off Beat (1986)
The Music Man (1962) The Gun in Betty's Handbag (1992)

For those of you who wondered about the Bette David film, it's _Storm
Center_. The theme is censorship.

I'm sure others will send additional titles...

Kristine Brancolini
Indiana University Libraries