Re: Edmund Fitzgerald/was..Another request

Harold David Rennie (aa349@chebucto.ns.ca)
Mon, 27 Oct 1997 13:05:09 -0400 (AST)

> On Fri, 17 Oct 1997, Michelle Wyatt wrote:
>
> > Sorry, I just remembered I had another request I needed to ask you guys
> > about. The Discovery Channel had a documentary last year (?) about the
> > sinking of the Edmund Fitzgerald. Does anyone know if this is available on
> > video, and if so where can I get it, how much, etc.

I've only seen one reply to this (from Jean McCarron):

> Mystery of the Edmund Fitzgerald produced by Mark Gumbinger
> Bennett Marine Video/Marina Del Rey Calif
> Purchased by us from "Quality Books (Video)" in the U.S. for 39.95 (US)

so I'll throw in my 2 cents' worth. The second film in the NFB/Jacques
Cousteau two-part co-production from 1980-81 contains footage of the
Edmund Fitzgerald wreck. Now, can I remember the title of the film? No,
of course not, but I do recall that one of the two films in the series
was entitled _St. Lawrence: Stairway to the Sea_. Anyway, it should be
availble on video. Don't let the reference to a recent broadcast on a
specialty channel fool you: many of the specialty channels are hungrily
buying up much of the NFB's body of past work, and I suspect that even
Discovery does this from time to time..

Harold Rennie
aa349@chebucto.ns.ca