RE: Ephesus/Scorcese On Film

Shaw, Susan Libr (ShawS@mg.sdstate.edu)
Wed, 22 Oct 1997 14:42 -0600

Regarding the Ephesus film: It may be a coincidence, but we just received
a gift book published in 1996 by the Austrian Archeological Institute
(Osterreichisches Archaologisches Institut) called _Ephesus: 100 Years of
Austrian Research_. The book is crammed with drawings, prints, layouts,
maps, and photos and the text is minimal and set in a sans serif boldface
type, which is to say that it's quite visual. It looks like something that
might be associated with a tv program, and it is associated with an
exhibition at the Ephesus Musem "which has been arranged by the
'Kunsthistorisches Museum' in co-operation with the Austrian Archeological
Institute on the occasion of the 100-year jubilee of Austrian research at
Ephesus."

Sorry to be so wordy; maybe there are some clues here.

Susan Shaw
SDSU Acquisitions
shaws@mg.sdstate.edu
----------
From: jsmith
To: ShawS; Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Ephesus/Scorcese On Film
Date: Wednesday, October 22, 1997 9:53AM

Hey Folks:

Looking for two videos today. The first is a film about the city of
Ephesus that a customer recently saw for sale in Greece. That's about
all she could tell me. The second title rings bells but OCLC yielded
no results. It is Martin Scorcese talking about film and may be called
something like Scorcese On Film. Any ideas?

Thanks so much.......................james

James G. Smith
Collection Development Office
Denver Public Library
(303)640-6112