Re: remote controls for VCRs/monitors

Judy Jones (JONESJM@libraryserver.lib.csus.edu)
Tue, 21 Oct 1997 16:28:23 PST8PDT

We circulate "zappers" remote control devices just like videos.

Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 13:17:31 -0700
From: Chris Lewis <clewis@american.edu>
To: Multiple recipients of list <videolib@library.berkeley.edu>
Subject: remote controls for VCRs/monitors

At the American University Library, we have a variety of video players
and monitors in the public area and therefore a variety of remote
controllers. We have been keeping the controllers behind the desk unless
needed for special playback needs that cannot be filled using the
controls on the VCR or monitor itself (i.e. turning on/off captioning,
selecting an audio channel). Keeping them apart from the viewing
stations has created some confusion and occassional misplacement. I
noticed that one of the local Best Buy stores has a neat setup where
they have each remote attached to a glue-on plate and a phone-cord-like
spiral security cable anchored someplace on the workstation. Is anybody
doing this kind of thing in their library? If so where did you get the
hardware?

Chris Lewis
American U