Re: Harvard's policies re replacing videotapes...

Thu, 16 Oct 1997 09:13:17 -0500 (EST)

Most vendors *will* replace a part from an entire set. For example,
most audiobook publishers will replace single tapes in a set free of
charge. Unfortunately video distributors usually charge for individual
parts, but often the price is very reasonable. I would be surprised if
Harvard wouldn't replace the tape for a reasonable price, but then again
they have the nerve to charge $2000 for this set in the first place and
someone was silly enough to pay it! The prof should call their original
contact.

Kristine Brancolini
Indiana University Libraries
brancoli@indiana.edu