Re: Video/Data projector

Oksana Dykyj (oksana@vax2.concordia.ca)
Thu, 02 Oct 1997 10:10:12 +0000 (HELP)

Alice Myers wrote:
>What portable multimedia projectors would you recommend? We would be
>using it primarily for classroom projection.
>Thanks,
>Alice

Alice:

We've had good results from Sharp. The company provides good customer
service and is constantly looking to improve. We've just purchased 2 of
their Multi Media Video LCD Projectors XGE 12U projectors for about
$8,000CDN each. The data images are clear and bright and the video images
are very good also. For this price range, you're getting really very crisp
and reliable projection. (Obviously if you want to spend double this and go
to a three-gun projector, then there are other alternatives which can give
results that would satisfy film studies people whose requirements are that
the image be as close to a "filmic" image as possible)

We usually have the sales people come and demonstrate, and, of course we
supply the laserdiscs and videos, typically something stark black and white
and something extremely technicolor so that we can make a judgment.

Oksana
Oksana Dykyj Tel: 514-848-3443
Head, Visual Media Resources Fax: 514-848-3441
Audio-Visual Department H-342 Email:oksana@vax2.concordia.ca
Concordia University
1455 de Maisonneuve West
Montreal, QC, H3G 1M8