Re: DVD

Judy Jones (JONESJM@libraryserver.lib.csus.edu)
Wed, 17 Sep 1997 09:32:05 PST8PDT

We are "wait and see" also. Does anyone know if any large
educational video distributor has titles out in DVD format? If not,
I can't imagine why we would want to pursue DVD. We do not collect
timely feature films at this university, only classics. At that,
only a very few.

Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 08:29:02 -0700
From: Kim Hale x7355 <kah000@dns.colum.edu>
To: Multiple recipients of list <videolib@library.berkeley.edu>
Subject: DVD

I found out yesterday that our Instructional Media Department (it is
independent of the library) has begun to acquire DVD titles which will be
given to the library at the end of the semester. Some of our Film faculty
has jumped on the DVD bandwagon, with more to follow.

Our position has been more "wait and see", but since we will be receiving
them and will have to make them available, I'd like to see how other
libraries are handling the new format.

Thanks,

Kim

Kimberly Hale, Acquisitions Librarian/Coordinator of Collection Development
Columbia College Library
624 South Michigan Avenue Chicago, IL 60605
(312) 663-1600, x7355 (voice) (312) 663-1707 (fax)