Re: thank you...

Jeff Pearson (JPEARSON@CMS.CC.WAYNE.EDU)
Tue, 12 Aug 97 12:21:25 EDT

On Tue, 12 Aug 1997 10:56:41 -0500 (CDT) you said:
>On Tue, 12 Aug 1997, Jeff Pearson wrote:
>
>> Thank you list for your responses to my search for 16mm film purchase
>sources.
>> This is a resource I can't imagine doing without!
>>
>> Bowing Wayne's World-style,
>>
>> Jeffrey Pearson
>> Wayne State University Libraries, Detroit
>

>Do you happen to have a compilation of the responses you received? If
>so, could you forward a copy to me or post to the list? I'm sure others
>would appreciate it!
>
>Thanks,
>
>Kim
>
>Kimberly Hale, Acquisitions Librarian/Coordinator of Collection Development
>Columbia College Library
>624 South Michigan Avenue Chicago, IL 60605
>(312) 663-1600, x7355 (voice) (312) 663-1707 (fax)

Kim, here are the responses I received...

-Jeff P.

Mail from: Kino International Corporat Lines 9 to 29 of 37
More: +
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 16:01:47 -0700
Sender: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
From: kinoint@infohouse.com (Kino International Corporation)
To: Multiple recipients of list <videolib@library.berkeley.edu>
Subject: Re: 16mm purchase sources?

Jeff:
most films on the list can not be legally "purchased" though you can lease
many of them through SWANK or Films inc. Prices are pretty high and they
usually make you a new print. It seems to run between 2,000 and 4,000 a
title. Several on your list are no longer available at all and I think you
will have trouble getting scope prints. good luck

Jessica Rosner
Kino

Kino International Corporation
333 W. 39th St. Suite 503