Re: Survey: AV circ desks in public libraries?

Ellen Druda (edruda@suffolk.lib.ny.us)
Tue, 12 Aug 1997 07:44:10 -0400 (EDT)

We don't have a separate circ desk for AV, but wish we did.

One of the major drawbacks is staffing and space - not enough of either.
Right now the AV materials are on the shelf, and although stripped with
the 3-M tape, they still manage to disappear out the window!

Which leads to another question - how bad is the theft rate for videos in
libraries? Is staff "borrowing" a problem?

Ellen Druda
Half Hollow Hills Library in Dix Hills, NY

dblduchess@aol.com
rkwk39d@prodigy.com
dblduchess@juno.com