Re: Tobacco industry advertising

Tue, 5 Aug 1997 11:42:32 -0500 (EST)

I'm not if these are exactly what you need. They don't really deal with
the history of tobacco advertsing, but they are all heavily used here and
worth checking out.

Dying for a smoke. Santa Monica, CA: Xenon Entertainment Group,
1994.

Cigarettes: Who profits? Who dies? Princeton, NJ: Films for the
Humanities, 1992.

Pack of Lies: The advertising of tobacco. Northampton, MA: Foundation
for Media Education, 1992. [This one is the most popular; if I only
bought one, it would be this one.]

This one is on order and I haven't seen it:

Never say die: How cigarette companies keep on winning. New York: ABC
News, 1996. Broadcast of ABC News Special, June 27, 1996.

Kristine Brancolini
Indiana University
brancoli@indiana.edu